New at this!

>The picture above was taken while on a cruise from San Diego to Canada April 2008. It was taken in Victoria while window shopping, it was crisp, cold, clean and Jeff found chocolate (*.*)
>I am new at this and today I updated our blog with a few little errors. Be sure to turn OFF the music with Papa's Birthday! I didn't know it added rock music. I think a few of our kids will get a kick out of it but I don't like the sound! ha ha.... I will get better as I go... smile... have fun looking at the pics...

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Papa

I thought it was a good time to up date a little...
As many of you know Jeff was diagnosed with Multiple Myaloma Cancer March of this year and since that time our lives have taken a dramatic turn. The kids got together and
talked about Dad not getting better and the bump on his hip wasn't responding. It might not be a pulled muscle after all!!! David made an appointment with his Dr. friend that he long distance bikes with and once he got film it showed it wasn't a pulled muscle but a Tumor.. When we got the results back for different scans we couldn't believe we were not a part of the "C" club!!!! How grateful we are that he has insurance. It isn't the best but for the major medical he got it was what he needed..
This is June 30th.. He has had one round (ten treatments) of radiation on his T7 spine. it is gone and we are waiting for the right time to have it cemented up to help releive pain he has.
He is finishing a round of radiation on his hip where the big rumor is.. With Chemo it was slowly still growing and not responding to the mix he was given.
They are giving him bone growth hormones to help restore some of the bone lost. They figured he lost 60% of his Right Hip... He has lost 40 pounds and is trying hard to eat better to not loose any more.
One of the Oncology doctors said that Cancer may or may not respond. We will continue to try with all we have and hope that it will finally begin to shrink. The radiation should do this.. After six weeks we will know how much effect the radiation will have had. So for now we wait patiently before new film can be taken.
In the mean time they will give him a very powerful Chemo by Pill form and monitor him every two weeks. If the doctor at any time doesn't see progress then he said he wants Jeff to go to the City of Hope doctors and receive a stem cell transplant for our last ditch effort. So he is setting up and interview soon for us.
We are thankful for everyone's faith and prayers... please keep them coming..for we believe in the power of prayer and when it is collective it is amazing what miracles can take place.
I am sorry for the music on my blog..one of these days I will figure out with Julia how to take it off (*.*)....

Hugs to all. Nancy

No comments: