New at this!

>The picture above was taken while on a cruise from San Diego to Canada April 2008. It was taken in Victoria while window shopping, it was crisp, cold, clean and Jeff found chocolate (*.*)
>I am new at this and today I updated our blog with a few little errors. Be sure to turn OFF the music with Papa's Birthday! I didn't know it added rock music. I think a few of our kids will get a kick out of it but I don't like the sound! ha ha.... I will get better as I go... smile... have fun looking at the pics...

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

New home

We are in a new home in Good year Arizona near Julia and Brett.. Our children have been amazing in helping us get here and now that everything is here and almost all unpacked I feel our home was shrink wrapped and we are meant to be here. It all fits perfectly.. it is just right for Jeff and I..
One day in April I was praying my way to work and told Heavenly Father Okay, I have had enough... it is time to sell our home so we can make a new start some where else. I can't worry about the pool any more, mowing the lawn or getting someone to come help. ( thank you Brett, Julia and Mark). It is time for Jeff and I to get into something smaller so there is less stress and we can concentrate on his healing.
Now you have to know we went the whole year with only three showings. We did have a few in the first part of 2010 but never a contract!!! It was amazing. Miracles do happen, I know my prayers was answered when the next week end a family wanted to come and see our home.
Julia and Collette came over Friday and early Saturday to help me get the house prepared for showing. The Lady loved our home and came back two times the following week. Friday another family came and wanted to see it.. Oh boy another Realtor drill!!! but everything was pretty much in order, the came on the week end and loved our home too.. They also came back two more times with family/friends and made an offer.
I couldn't believe it...once the negotiations were through we were out of our home of 33 years by June 26th.. I was ready and planning the move with my girls was like planning a huge event. We were very organized, and thanks to Marilyn Llewellyn, my sister friend of 33 years, other sister friends Kathleen Gordon, Donna Durkalec, Nancy Benedict, Carol Morganthaler, Mandy and Jeffs brother Gary and wife Jody (yes from California they came too!) they helped me pack and were a very big help.
Once the Muscle Man Movers came (they were wonderful!!) to move the big items all I had to do was get the house cleaned and the carpets cleaned and it was done..
My neighbors Doris and Jay were so sweet to be the keep of the Key for these helpers coming to clean, and Jay patched a hole in the wall for us from moving something big, so the new family wouldn't be upset..
Thank you dear friends and family and for all the men from church who came and even drove loads of items from Paradise Valley to Good year... wow.. what acts of love we experienced!!!
We miss our friends and neighbors..but hope we can have secret meetings from time to time for dinner or hot dogs at Cost Co. (*.*)... E-mail is a great connection and Cell phones is the greatest invention... it doesn't have an umbilical cord!

No comments: